ASK THESE QUESTIONS BEFORE CHOOSING A REALTOR®
Are you planning on purchasing a home? Asking the right questions can help you decide which Realtor® might be right for you.
How many years have you been a Realtor® in the Charlotte area?
Are you a full time agent?
What is your ranking within your company?
How many buyers did you represent last year and the year before?
Other than selling properties and attending the State mandated classes, what are you currently doing to further your knowledge of the real estate industry?
What makes you different from approximately 7,000 other Realtors® in the area?
What is your area of expertise?
What do you do as a business professional to give back to the community?
Contact us today to learn how we can help you!
Before you put your home on the market, there are some things you can do to differentiate your house from the competition.
When preparing to put your home up for sale, your first concern is the exterior. If the outside, or “curb appeal” looks good, potential buyers will more than likely want to see what´s on the inside. Keep the lawn and landscape nicely manicured. Trim the bushes and, season permitting, plant some flowers. Be sure your front door area has a “Welcome” feeling. Sweep away those relentless cobwebs. A fresh coat of paint on the front door looks great.
Of all the rooms inside your home, pay special attention to the kitchen and bathrooms. They should look as modern, bright and fresh as possible. It is essential for them to be clean and odor free. A fresh coat of paint just may do the trick. Have any leaky faucets taken care of. A call to a plumber is a wise investment. Since you want your home to look as spacious as possible, remove any excess or very large furniture.
Clean or replace dirty or worn carpets.
Make sure that tabletops, dressers and closets are free of clutter. Resist the urge to use your garage, attic, or basement to store these extra things. These areas also need to have the impression of space. Put the items in storage.
Make sure walls and doors are free of smudges and look for anything that might indicate a maintenance problem, such as cracked windows, holes in the wall or stained ceilings. Have any of these conditions taken care of as if you were to be the new homeowner.
Quick tips for showing:
- Keep counter tops cleared
- Make the beds
- Open all drapes and blinds, turn on lights
- Put pets in crates or take them to a neighbor
- Clean up the dishes
- Set out “show towels” in baths
- Put on soft music
- Burn wood in the fireplace on cold days, otherwise, the fireplace should be clean
Always look at your home from the buyer’s point of view. Be objective and honest.
Tips: Making Your Home More Salable – Printer friendly (pdf)
Contact us today & learn how we can help you!
When real estate professionals work with sellers and buyers, “agency” relationships are established. As you start working with a real estate professional, please ask for a clear explanation of the current agency laws in your state or province, so that you understand these important issues.
Thinking of selling your home? To get top dollar, great service, and advice you can trust, you deserve the best Charlotte real estate has to offer. Top Charlotte Agent will help you quickly and easily sell your home in Charlotte, NC.
Not sure? Use this checklist to help you find a top real estate agent before you make a commitment.
- Does your company have nationwide name recognition for out of state buyers?
- Will you advertise my property?
- How will you advertise my property?
- Do you pay for the advertising or does your company?
- How many years have you been a Realtor® and in the Charlotte area?
- What is your standing within your company?
- What awards have you earned for marketing?
- What awards have you earned for your sales production?
- How many properties did you sell last year and the year before?
- What is the difference in your listing asking price vs. sale price?
- What makes you different from the other approximately 8,000 agents?
- What is your area of expertise?
- Does your company have an appointment center to handle showings?
- Will you provide a completed Seller’s net proceeds form at the time I list my property, and again when an offer is made?
- Other than selling properties and attending the State mandated classes,what are you currently doing to further your knowledge of the real estate business?
- What do you as a business person do to give back to the community?
- Do you work as a full-time agent, or a part-time agent?
Choosing a Realtor – (pdf) Ask These Questions Before Choosing a Realtor to List Your Home
When you are viewing homes, it is very possible that you may be overwhelmed by the end of the day. How to keep all of the information straight so that you can easily review and remember each home? A Buyer’s Home Viewing Report Card can help. The Report Card will contain the following elements: